Out of My Window Animation
Workshop run by artist Caroline Underwood with school students visiting the library at Deptford Lounge.
Watch the animation Out of My Window here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poWC8AuKgRk&feature=youtube_gdata_player
This is a compilation of Stykz animations made at Deptford Lounge in December 2012 by school students visiting the library. Students used books from the library to develop ideas inspired by the view out of their window, then turned them into basic animations using the free software available in the library's Mac suite.
- To learn how to research, develop and refine ideas
- To learn how to use visual language to communicate meaning and create narrative
- To learn how to develop an animated line drawing
- Students will have developed their understanding of how to use line to create drawings and animations
- Students will have increased confidence in working with others (including peers and practitioners) outside the classroom
- Students will know how to use library facilities to support creative independent learning